Carrie's West Indies Salad
◦ 1 medium onion, finely chopped
◦ 1 pound fresh crab claw meat, picked through for
shells and cartilage
◦ Salt and freshly ground pepper
◦ 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
◦ 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
◦ 1⁄2 cup ice water
1. Spread half the chopped onion over the bottom of a
large bowl. Cover with separated crab lumps and then
the remaining onion.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Add the oil and vinegar.
3. Strain the ice through a sieve to remove the ice
cubes, then add the well-chilled water to the salad.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12
4. Toss lightly, then taste and adjust for seasoning with
salt and pepper before serving.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.