In honor of National Cheese Lovers Day, here is a delicious recipe from Beehive Cheese!
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces beer (preferably a brown ale or something dark and malty like Red Rock Bobcat Nut Brown)
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
- 10 ounces Big John’s Cajun, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots and onion and sauté until just starting to soften, then add garlic and sauté until garlic becomes aromatic.
- Add flour and stir well to make a roux. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes until it starts to become fragrant.
- Combine the milk and half & half and slowly pour into the roux. Whisking until fully combined. Turn the heat up and add the beer. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently until foam subsides. Whisk in mustard.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes until thick. Remove from heat and whisk in the cheese one handful at a time, stirring until fully incorporated after each addition of cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.